30 series clutch kit part numbers and different clutches

So I just decided to go ahead split the 4830. I readjusted the free play in pedal and got it back to feeling right. But its still grinding in every gear. Called the dealer this morning and they couldnt tell which clutch I needed exactly, but the only one he had in stock was around $750. Called All State ag parts, and they had 6 different ones, and again he wasnt for sure which one I needed. Why so many different clutches? Dealer said there was 2 different ones for the 8 speed, synchro and non synchro. Which didnt make any sense to me. All state seemed to think that most of them were interchangeable, other than the finger style vs the diaphragm style. Anyone know the part number for the kit? Im not for certain, but Im thinking they made the 8 speed, the 8 speed with shuttle, and the 16 speed. I could see maybe a different clutch for each of those, but different ones for the just 8 speed? Id like to go ahead and have it on hand when I split the tractor, that way Im not setting around waiting on parts. Thanks

The only difference I see looking at part numbers is there appears to be a choice between finger and diaphragm for the syncro while there is no choices for the non syncro.
There are also differences between cab vs no cab but that seems to be just in the linkage.. So Google 82013945 for the plate assembly and 82004604 for the disc.You'll also want pilot bearing 81805417 and release bearing 82010859. Again, Google is your friend and make sure the part complies with those numbers.
I can't remember for sure but I suspect the differences are to do with the spline counts on the respective pto input shaft on the pressure plate. There were also different heavy duty clutches etc on prior models however I think all 30 series tractors had the 13 disc so really there isn'tany difference I can see other than the pto input shaft. Prior models had various 11 clutches so they will not be forward compatible with this flywheel...

Rod

In the dealers defence if they're looking at all 3 cylinder chassis tractors, probably in the aftermarket, there are a lot of options over a near 40 year time frame. Specific to your exact model, there appears to be one option. I do know that specific to my 5000 one needs to actually split it and get the spline count before ordering because there's no other way to know other than throwing a dart at the wall and hoping for the best.
I'm really getting to the point I've grown tired of calling dealers. Use the parts information and Google the numbers and you will find a multitude of information at your fingertips with delivery to your door... Probably at a fraction of the cost. Most often the part comes in the same box either way... which is to say it might be good or might be junk either way lol

Rod

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back