30 Series COM vs Dry Clutch PTO - particularly seal

45cole

I have an older 320 industrial skip loader that I replaced the PTO external seal on and my father's 611B COM is having a PTO seal problem too. I looked at his 611B PTO and it looks totally different than my dry clutch 530, 320, and his 300 RN. His 430 and 611B's both have COMs and the PTO looks different.

Mainly - are the external seals the same - as in the 3 bolt triangular one between COM PTOs and dry clutch PTOs??

The PTO's are totally different, as are the sealing arrangements. The live PTO on your Dad's 611B uses the rear bearing as the seal
also.

Did they change to a sealed bearing at some point? The parts book list a separate seal, G13819, which crosses to a SKF 18551. It does indicate that the bearing comes with a new seal and o-ring if ordered.

G13819 is the seal pressed into the side of the bearing. I have never attempted to pry the old seal out of a bearing and install a new one. A very unconventional repair. The original bearing is sealed 1 side, the bearing we furnish is sealed both sides.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back