300 u front tire recommendation

Good morning. Looking for recommendations for replacement for a front tire and tube for my 300 utility. 6.00-16 currently This tractor has a front plow in the winter which I remove in the summer. The tread was good but the side walls were weather cracked. Also would you recommend replacing both. I'd rather not spend more than necessary but if it's necessary.... Thanks as always. Paul
cvphoto148437.jpg

cvphoto148438.jpg

6.50x16 is good. And with the narrow rims,about as wide you will want to go.Buy one,or two. Your call.

I prefer to get them in pairs, if one is going then it is likely the second is going to go as well. I think that I got general 3 rib last time I replaced front tires, summer of 2021, they were reasonably priced.

I have good luck with Harvest King.Have bought several pairs. However,about any brand will do. I do prefer Firestone on my bigger tractors that do heavy tillage(plowing). HarvestKing on the rest for haying;cultivateing;misc work do fine

If the other tire is not checked, (was away from the sun or? just buy one to match it. If buying a pair, go with the 6.50 6 ply 3 rib. BTK is a good tire and often reasonable. Jim

Just put a pair of old pickup tires on it. they will out last tractor tires will not slide in snow any worse than a rib tread tire and are cheap. something like a 235-85 16 would work. They are usually in a 10 ply or LR E so heavier than tractor fronts. I seldom bother with ribbed tires for the front. I run pickup tires on several tractors work fine and last longer and will carry more weight.

Thank you all for your feedback. I found a deal for two 8 ply tires, 6.0 with tubes for 199 free shipping. I'd have bought local but there are no tire places anywhere near me. I'd have gone for the 6.5 but couldn't match the deal. The current tires are 6.0 and 6 ply and probably well over 20 years old so I figured I'd be taking a small step up with 8 ply. I've got snow coming Wednesday so I'm hoping they are here by Tuesday. Thanks again Paul

I've always been REALLY partial to FIRESTONE tires, especially on rear tractor tires. And for what it's worth, I bought tires, wheels, and rims for the IHC FARMALL Plant for 3 years along with operator's manuals and parts books from Harvester Press, IH's own printing company in Westmont, Ill, also bought the Rockford Clutches from Rockford, Ill, division of Borg-Warner, and all the o-rings we used. There was 9 or 10 of us that bought ALL the parts used for assembly. I originally started on the Inter-works desk, all the other IH plants that made stuff for FARMALL, they were TERRIBLE to deal with.

Firestones are great, if you are made of money, but they're not twice as good to justify twice the price.

The enemy of tires is sunlight, and cheaper tires seem to be affected more by UV than more expensive ones, but even the expensive tires are not immune. Looks like you keep the tractor under cover so that helps.

I have several Harvest King brand tires on the fronts of tractors. One of them is looking a little dry and is starting to check, but I believe it is much older than its mate, even though both were purchased at the same time.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back