3000 Diesel fluid info

pcctim

Member
I"m a newbie with this tractor so bare with me. Need to change all the fluids and I"m not sure what to put in the gear box and the rear end. When I drained them they looked very different. Should they be the same? Sure I need to do an oil change too. I"m sure all this info is in one place, if someone could point me in the right direction I"d appreciate it.

Thanks!
 
Put a good 800 wt. oil in tran. hyd. rear end and 10-w-30 in motor. Just changed all of it in my Ford. Bubba in Al.
 
Any quality tractor fluid will go in the differential, transmission or hydraulics.
From your dealer or Walmart, TSC; etc.
I use and recommend Shell Rotella 15/40 for the motor.
Be tractor safe.
Brian
 
The engine will use a diesel rated 15W40 in most climates. If it's severly cold then a diesel rated 10W30 is in order, but 15w40 has the widest working range.
All other systems use NH134D or it's equivelant. You can use 80W90 in the transmission but that will cause hard shifting in cold weather. I prefer 134D...

Rod
 
Here"s another question. I can"t find a dip stick for the gear box or rear end. Is there one and where is it? If not, how much goes in both?

Again, if there"s a web page or spec sheet that answeres these basic questions I"ll take it. Probably save you guys time answering dumb questions.

Thanks again,
Tim
 
The transmission should have a level plug on the right side about mid height. I forget now if it's a square head or an Allen head plug, but it will be somewhere in the mid section of the transmission.
The rear end/hydraulic system should have a plug at about the same height, probably on the right side as well... likely in the area of the footboard, at that height.
I'm not real familiar with the plug locations on the 2000/3000. I'm fairly sure there isn't a dipstick though.
It might do you well to get an operators manual if you need help finding these things.

The capacities are probably somethign like 7-8 gallon in the rear axle and 2.5-3 gallons in the transmission.

Rod
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top