3000 Hydraulic Lift Shudder

strum456

I just rebuilt the hydraulic lift on my 3000. It shudders / vibrates as it raises. I have raised and lowered the arms at least 30 times. I've cracked the bleeder on the pump several
times. The fluid is up to the check plug. The screen filters are both clean. I disassembled everything and double-checked all the o-rings. This is one of those pulling your hair out
situations.

I'm going to try to attach a video. We'll see how that works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mWsRWQGxmdHismY_cx_-q29d3Ovqg1oV/view?usp=drivesdk
Untitled URL Link

It is an open center system that is self-bleeding. If it is pumping enough fluid to raise the lift arms then you should not have to bleed it. Raising it to full height and lowering it a few time should get all of the air out of the system. If it is still chattering then there is most likely a leak on the suction side of the circuit that is sucking in air.

My 2000 used to do that in cold weather and sometimes fail to lift. I went through the whole lift cover and set everything to spec but that didn't help. The pump looked OK but a rebuild eliminated the chatter by replacing the check balls and seats in the pump head.

Whut he said, its not uncommon. After a lid rebuild it took awhile for it to work out on mine. If you pay close attention to it, it still has a lite chatter. I looked at one a few weeks ago it had a slite chatter... They both work acceptable my take its in the pump. Ultradog had the same issue some years back.

I guess I'll just rebuild the pump while I'm at it then. I'm trying to take care of everything before I paint the transmission and rear end and swap in a fresh 201 diesel. Hopefully this one will be ready to go for hay season.

After the rebuild it still took a while to get the air purged. I adapted a hose barb to the bleed port and ran a clear neoprene hose back to the fil port. It
looked like solid fluid in the hose while it was running but each time I shut it off the hose was filled with 1/2 inch bubbles. I finally left it idling and
walked off and did something else for 20 minutes. Came back and it was fine and has been ever since.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back