3000 oil filter conversion kit install

3nails4life

New User
When installing the conversion kit does this big nut need to be removed?
 

Attachments

  • FC011ABA-1DC4-4D22-AF45-BC2C70BB7821.jpeg
    FC011ABA-1DC4-4D22-AF45-BC2C70BB7821.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 46
I did the conversion years ago and as I recall if things don't want to fit, change what prevents things from fitting. With that said, since the sealing flange and start of the threads on the screw on filter, are on the same plane, you need threads that protrude from the engine casting and fit the filter threads . looking at that, I'd say the nut goes....if its a nut screwed on to a hollow threaded pipe.....where the oil enters the engine.
 
Exactly what Shaun said. I just did this a couple years ago on my 3000 and I had the same question. That nut is CRAZY TIGHT. I had a breaker bar and 4 foot of pipe on it and she wouldn't budge so I had to pull out the big guns. I had an 1/2" electric impact on it for probably 30 seconds before it finally loosened up. I think I was too ginger in tightening the new adapter down so I have a slight oil seep/leak there. I would suggest getting the new setup guttentight, but no need to install it with an impact.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top