300U tach drive gear

Luke9

Member
My 300 had a broken tach cable when I got it. Finally got around to replacing it, but there doesn't appear to be anything in the distributor housing to plug the square cable end into. I assume there should be a drive gear??

I haven't found a diagram that shows the internals. The ones I see show a block off plate on the hole for non-tachometer models.

Anybody have a diagram, picture or description of what part might be missing here? The threaded part that the cable screws onto is still on the dist housing, but it just seems to be hollow with nothing inside for the cable.

thanks
mvphoto94840.jpg
 
My 300U was missing the drive gear when I got it. I don't know if this site sells one, if not I got mine from Steiner.
 
Thank you everybody. Makes sense now.

I scoured that dang parts catalog forever!! Never noticed it under "attachments". You'd think they would group it with "instruments"...but apparently the tach was an add on option.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top