301 diesel backfiring

rlsprothero

New User
This message is a reply to an archived post by Dieseltech on September 25, 2016 at 05:00:54.
The original subject was Re: 301 diesel backfiring.

Great post helped a lot. I have John Deere 310 A that just started what you described. I'll check the rocker arms and push rods first.

risp.. welcome to YT. There are 2 viewing methods on these forums Classic and Modern. Due to this when you reply to an old post not all the replies get shown on Classic. It would be wise if you clicked the ..New Topic.. button at the top and created your own post. You could copy the text out of this one that explains your problem. It sounds to me like you may have a broken push rod. What you could do would be run it at idle and crack each injector line loose. If one makes the problem stop or lessens the noise that is probably the cylinder with the problem. It may not really matter because once the valve cover is off you can see the valve train for all the cylinders anyway.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back