How far can you go on a 301 block for stroke? I'm going to attempt to put a 5.500" stroke in mine this time. Im going to use billet rods and aluminum pistons. Im hoping for around 414 cubes. Ive done several 4 bangers but not the sixs. Any good ideas? I figure I'll have to bring the rod journal down in size and notch the bottom of the cylinder. Just dont know about the cam clearance or the side of the block.
 
I don't know how long a stroke you can have. But you can bet some one will say they have did one bigger. My neighbors fool with Ford race cars, and in their stroker motors they say there is a lot of different length rods with Honda big ends. They have some for sale. When you find out how long you need them, maybe they will have some close to what you need. They also have a lot of different pistons. These are all used from a nascar engine builder. Vic.6188382225
 
i would like to know how this whole thing turns out... i like the idea... if your going to do it why not go bigger than eveyone else.. i have heard of 5.5 stroke but never seen it
 
VICS Where have you been.Kinda dull around pulls with out big noise comeing down track.Maybe will see you at Ramsey SAT?
 
I know a gentleman who had right at 470 ci in a 301. I do not remember the specs, but he kept twisting cams because he had to notch them so much to clear the stroke. He had to put in girders and supports to keep the block from splitting down the middle. Really wasnt a very good deal, but it sure was big.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top