dwag

Rebuilt carb (Zenith #12510) now tractor running too rich/gas fouling plugs. AL386) Kit included accelerator pump check valve which I installed. Acc pump came apart but was told to set it at 3rd notch away from outer end of rod.. Seems I'm doing something wrong? BTW changed fan belt & coupler bushings, now hyd pump seal leaking! Feel like the Faith Healer that blessed the blind man and became a cripple! Any ideas or emotional support? lol john

Running too rich? Putting the accelerator pump rod in the third notch from end of rod will pump the most gas on acceleration of the throttle... Too much gas.. Put the accelerator pump piston in the middle notch on the rod for best acceleration and best gas economy .. Also when get running, adjust the T handle load screw at back, bottom of bowl by turning in hand tight, then back out two and half turns, plus or minus good starting point?? The idle screw, with flat screw driver slot on top, back side, do the same thing, hand tight in, back out two and three/fourth turns plus or minus , can adjust later... May need another new set of spark-plugs if other ones got gas soaked to get tractor running again....

One thing to keep in mind with these carbs is when you adjust the idle mixture screw you want to turn it counter-clockwise to lean out the mixture. The load screw operates normally by leaning it out when tightened clockwise. The tech manual explains it pretty well. Basically the idle needle adjusts the amount of air entering the idle fuel passage. The tighter the screw gets turned in clockwise toward the seat the smaller the hole is for the air, which results in faster moving air thereby increasing the fuel amount.

Somebody had previously worked on our 3020 and adjusted the idle too rich. The screw was backed out only about 1 and a half turns. I backed it out to about 3 or 3 and a half turns to lean it out. Been running Autolite 3116 plugs for about 900 hrs now and still running good considering how tired and wore out the engine is.

Accelerator pump check valve leaking. Either new one was defective or I damaged it upon installation

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back