3010 PTO seal

bobin wayne

New User
I have an oil leak from the rear PTO. Can you put in a new seal And o ring from the rear or do you have to split the tractor to change them? What is the procedure to change them?
 
Yes pto seal can be replaced by removing rear quill. Nose frt of tractor into a ditch to limit oil spillage. There's no o-ring that would require replacement on a 3010 pto rear seal.
R27328 Gasket ADD 4.45 USD
AR26706 Seal ADD 29.79 USD
mvphoto20329.gif
 
You forgot about the oring that seals the shaft #15. W/O looking it up # 12, 13, 14 is a snap ring, oring and washer I believe. Not necessarily in that order. That oring does leak sometimes.
 
Sometimes a new seal will not stop your leak. Often the pto shaft will have a groove wore in it and to fix it you will need a speedi sleeve which is a thin piece of metal that fits over the shaft giving the seal a new unworn surface to seal against. Tim S who posts on here might know the part number for them,we would get ours at Napa.It has been a few years since I did any 3010-4010 pto work so I have lost the number.
 
My 3010 leaked oil through the threads of one of the bolts that hold the pto stub shaft on. Looks like it came off violently on a PO and two bolts were drilled up a size to 7/16". I temporarily stopped the leak with an o ring and a new bolt but will renew the area when I have the tractor apart later. No pto,use for now. Also I wonder if the PO botched the hole and drilled too far past the flange on the pto shaft. Hard to believe how much oil can slip past threads. Ken
 
Clean up that hole and bolt w/ether and reinstall w/locktite. That will cure your leak.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top