3010 pump timing again

Olliejunkie

Well-known Member
As I previously posted my pump quit. Timing marks on my flywheel say 14, 10, then there is a line, and then says tdc. When my pump lines match up it's a little after tdc. I took my pump out and had it repaired and reinstalled it at the same place as it has been running there for since I got it 15 plus years ago. The pump does have advance on it so should be at tdc. It did start up very easy after I installed it and runs as good as ever. I did try to back the timing up after I got it running but is pretty hard to flex the lines that much. What would I gain by backing it up? Not sure if it's worth it as it starts good and has enough power for what I use it for.
Also the problem with the pump was the plungers were varnished up and stuck. I'm not sure what caused that as I believe it only sat a couple months. Fuel wasn't over a year old. I use to always put power service treatment in it but switched to standyne treatment last year.
 
The 3010 pump with the advance update is NOT timed at TDC!! It SHOULD be set at 4 degrees BTDC. The internal parts WILL stick over time if there's any traces of water in fuel, or Bio diesel fuel being used. I've got two pumps in for repair now with stuck rotor plungers from setting unused for awhile.
 
The 3010 pump with the advance update is NOT timed at TDC!! It SHOULD be set at 4 degrees BTDC. The internal parts WILL stick over time if there's any traces of water in fuel, or Bio diesel fuel being used. I've got two pumps in for repair now with stuck rotor plungers from setting unused for awhile.
Thank you. I don't think I can turn my pump far enough to achieve that. It's been that way for 15 years. All I can think is maybe cam or pump drive gear is off.
 
The 3010 pump with the advance update is NOT timed at TDC!! It SHOULD be set at 4 degrees BTDC. The internal parts WILL stick over time if there's any traces of water in fuel, or Bio diesel fuel being used. I've got two pumps in for repair now with stuck rotor plungers from setting unused for awhile.
hello,, diesel tech,, i'm working a 4020 pump that the pump plungers were stuck bad, had to gently tap them out with a hammer & punch, i used spray carb cleaner to free up the plungers,, the delivery valve was not stuck very bad,, what product do you use to free up & lube these internal parts?? [email protected]
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top