3020 Gas, water pump.

Have one that is leaking right stoutly. Gas 3020 serial number in the 96,000 range. My NAPA store says they're made of Unobtainium so I looked at this site which has served me well in the past. Found things rather confusing so I looked at the JD parts catalog before calling here. Seems as though Deere says we need (if I read JD Parts correctly) an AR45330 water pump.

I looked at this site & see this same Deere AR45330 part number listed under one of two water pumps. This site however also says this pump needs a spacer to work if we have a steel belt pulley which is what is in this tractor! Site even lists a part number of R52833 for the spacer but I'll be a monkey's uncle if I can see where or how to select and purchase that necessary R52833 spacer!

Was hoping to round up & have the parts on hand before disassembling the tractor. It works & the bearing is smooth & quiet, it just leaks and being far more confounded by the computer than the tractor, I called! I'm really sorry but I did not get along well with the lady who answered. I don't say any of the following to get her into trouble. We just see things very differently & I don't work at a parts counter like she does. She insisted the Deere part number AR45330 as shown on this site site is completely irrelevant & has nothing to do with anything! It needs ignored, she can't explain it & I have to go with the casting number, not that Deere part number! Don't pay any attention to that AR45330. Insisted if this tractor had the right casting number on the pump, the OTHER pump her on this site would fit perfectly even though it says it is Deere part number AR45332. When I pointed out Deere's parts book does not list that number for this tractor, I was soundly told that doesn't matter. She insisted she can't help with those numbers they don't mean anything and again insisted I must use and go by the casting number on the pump in the tractor. The fact that the AR45330 matches the Deere parts book & this tractor's serial number (below 123,000) is completely irrelevant! I felt like I was having an argument with a wife so I said goodbye before things got really ugly!

So I take the tractor apart and now we have an incapacitated tractor & casting number R34878 which is not listed under EITHER water pump on this site. Now (my perspective) the all powerful and magic casting number she insists means everything is actually useless! I don't say this to complain or cause strife for her but I'd be happy if I never discussed anything with her again. She may be nice & sweet & very efficient but we just didn't hit it off at all.

Back to the water pump..... Anybody else been down this road or have any advice? Seems to me I should get the one from this site listed as Deere's part number AR 45330 (good for Gas & LP with SN below 123,000) but what about that R52833 spacer that accommodates the steel belt pulley?

Any advice?

A Deere dealer or a well equipped repair shop can press it apart,replace the bearings and seal and press it back together. About 1 hr at shop labor rate

You are making this harder than it has to be. You need a gas water pump before sn 123,000.The new replacemwnt will come with some extra parts to plug any holes you do not need. Yes you will need the spacer. More than likely all aftermarket one's will all come from the same source. I use A&I products because I have a dealer account.If you buy Deere parts and pay their labor you are about the same price as the aftermarket and by having it on hand you can tear it down and replace it all in one setting. Consider replacing your radiater hoses,fan belt and the four hyd coupler bushing at the same time. Tom

I did mine three years ago or so.. I ordered waterpump and when I installed it the pully rubbed against the motor ... so I used the cast number from the old pump to get the correct one.. AS said below.. I should have just bought the kit and rebuilt mine..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back