3020 Oil Leak

3020 synchro, side console. My sister just bought this tractor, in 45 minutes of test driving and loading into the trailer it was bone dry with zero leaks. Few days later she mowed off a portion of her pasture with the brush hog...about 3hrs. When she parked the tractor and was closing the door she heard a Boise so walked back to the tractor and saw a steady stream of oil coming from the bottom of the clutch housing. She said she didn't notice that while running and thinks it only started once shutoff. Any thoughts? Supposedly the PTO clutch pistons and o-rings we're just replaced because it was dripping previously.

UPDATE: this was after the tractor was shut-off. Was not leaking while running.

Yep I will once I have a chance to get
over there. She is an hour away from me.
Just curious what your thought my be. If
it did in fact not start leaking until
after being shut down, that seems very odd
to me.

(quoted from post at 06:15:30 10/23/22) Yep I will once I have a chance to get
over there. She is an hour away from me.
Just curious what your thought my be. If
it did in fact not start leaking until
after being shut down, that seems very odd
to me.

Our Deere 3040 (sale as 2940) would always pie a little engine oil from the rear main seal on shutdown if it was worked hard. It did about 10K hours like this.... never had to split it in 20k hours.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back