3020 pto brake

jtb4450

New User
Hi guys I've got a 3020 diesel powershift split bc the pto brake wasn't working. What I've found is the pto idler the brake presses against can slide to far back and the brake presses against the shaft instead of the idler. Does anyone know how to move the shaft in or out?
 
Hi guys I've got a 3020 diesel powershift split bc the pto brake wasn't working. What I've found is the pto idler the brake presses against can slide to far back and the brake presses against the shaft instead of the idler. Does anyone know how to move the shaft in or out?

I would suggest posting this lower down on the page in the John Deere specific Forum.

Tim S, a DEERE GURU hangs around there and has posted a number of times about what can go wrong in the (potentially troublesome) PTO brake area on these tractors.

IIRC, some things can go on in that area that ruin the clutch housing, and it has to be replaced.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top