3020 want start , injection pump issue

epolk

New User
I purchased a late model 3020 that has been sitting with a bad clutch for 5 years. Old gentleman started splitting tractor and got ill before finishing, so he let me complete job in his shop. I got the clutch replaced, but now it will not start. Primed fuel system and can only get fuel to the injection pump, no fuel coming out on injector side of pump. Shut off solenoid has 12 volts and sounds as if it's working. Stanadyne pump, I assume something inside is stuck. Any ideas/ tricks to try before pulling the pump?

(quoted from post at 09:53:16 08/07/23) Anything else to try before pulling the pump?

You can remove the governor springs cover, and check if solenoid is working,and if metering valve is not stuck. Check also for cofee grounds. If in there, you need to.pull pump to change the weight retainer disk. A 3 hours job and around 60 dollars

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back