3020D electrical problems

GregC

New User
I have a 64 3020D that's giving me fits with the electrical system.
None of the headlights or the fuel gauge work when the engine is running above an idle, when I throttle up, the lights get dimmer until they go out, and the fuel gauge quits working. If I just turn on the key, the gauge and lights work.
Any help would be appreaciated.
 
You are lacking chassis ground, from the midpoint of the 2 batteries, to the tractor chassis. This could be because of a wire missing, or simply a blown fuse. You don't happen to see a small ground wire, posssibly with a fuseholder, in one of the battery boxes, do you?
 
So that's where that wire came from!!! I found it laying in the battery box when I replaced the batteries. I'll replace it when I get home. Thanks Bob
 
So that's where that wire came from!!! I found it laying in the battery box when I replaced the batteries. I'll replace it when I get home. Thanks Bob
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top