3110D Power Shift Transmission Issue

bandre111-HT

New User
I am having an issue with the Power Shift Transmission or stuck brakes stalling the engine when I release the clutch. The PTO engages and spins the bushog blade fine but tractor wont move. If I let it sit for 1-3 hours it will take off very fast and then bind when I engage the PTO and try to take off again. I can smell either clutch burning or brakes shoes rubbing. Also the three point wont stay up unless i keep holding the lever or set the screw to keep it in place. Please advise any assistance.

Do you have the clutch pedal adjusted to about 5/8" free play at top of pedal? Will the tractor roll when in neutral? Brake not stopping it?

Are all the washers, springs, etc. in place and adjusted? If so, handle should not be moving without your moving it.

I will check the clutch free play and advise. I will take a picture of the PTO Lever. When I release the clutch the pto spins but the power shift selector
does not engage is any gear. then when it does its like both forward and reverse is enabled so it stalls. I removed the valve body and put it back and it runs fine for 10 minutes then wont go into 1-3 or reverse.

A page out of the 226 manual. Pretty sure your 3110 would have same trouble shooting procedure. <ATTACHMENT filename="2023-08-29-020515.jpg" index="0"><s>[attachment=0]</s>2023-08-29-020515.jpg<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT>

34251_365aa9b6e9a9007c395041fe504e6540.jpg

Hi Winston,

The clutch pedal has 5/8 inch of free play. One of the brake pedals does not have alot of travel and does not bounce back like its froze. I am attaching some photos of the valve body and not sure if anything is missing? When it does move the engagement is delayed by about 10-30 seconds. Where would i add shims?

43408_c9e964b78ccc8ab5dbdb816c7f77cc6b.jpg

Hi Winston,
Appreciate your assistance. Please advise shift range pattern on the manual gear box. I am unsure what gear i am in when i use the range stick.

Thank You

Hi Winston,

Thank You Very Much. I am not sure which part number I am needing for the rear axle seal on the 3110D. I am confused by "New" Vs "OLD" in the YM336D Parts Manual. I think I have the collar but I do not have the correct seal. I need to remove the entire axle to change the seal and collar.

Good Morning,

I removed the transmission screen/filter and it was clogged. I cleaned with diesel and reinstalled. Should this resolve the no movement in any powershift gear?

Not certain on anything. "If" you 3110 is like the 336 you will note an inner strainer that feeds the power shift pump. Did you have that? <ATTACHMENT filename="2023-09-12-011005.jpg" index="0"><s>[attachment=0]</s>2023-09-12-011005.jpg<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT><ATTACHMENT filename="2023-09-12-011005.jpg" index="0"><s>[attachment=0]</s>2023-09-12-011005.jpg<e>[/attachment]</e></ATTACHMENT>

34251_01888497222cca5d9e90810eb9265fcc.jpg

Hi Winston,

Appreciate the update. I cleaned the part #45 and replaced the valve body gasket. However fluid is now leaking out between the valve body gasket and transmission since i cleaned the filter. I am unsure where part number # 50 is. I removed the range shifter and put new gasket on. I am not sure if two gears are locking at the same time. When I put it in any gear on the powershift and let out clutch it stalls like somthing in the gears or differential is locked up. I cannot move the range shifter into any gear. I removed brake cover and the pressed the lever out since it was seized and now the brakes work. I am not sure what will cause a loud whine and then the motor stalls and it does not move?

Sounds like something amuck with the range shifter. I don't know how to advise on finding out just what. May just have to figure just what position the gears are in and make sure shifting forks are in proper place. when putting the cover on.

Hi Winston,

Appreciate the update. I noticed that the picture shows that both the gears are engaged. I can use a rubber mallet to have them centered together which should make neutral I think.

43408_734dc27fae1fad50994f32b60251cdb8.jpg

Hi Winston,

Update: I removed the range shifter and set the gears to neutral and reinstalled. I also removed the valve body and installed a valve that not inside the bore correctly. See Picture. Its moving now and going into all forward gears and reverse and pto is working. The issue is some of all the ranges go the same speed and now i need to have it full throttled to move very slowly at all. I discovered today that I was running the rotory mower in the 4th speed pto position full throttle and it did not explode an injure myself or family. I used it for almost 2 hours at the speed and it was loud but i figured that is normal. Should I check the Rotory Mower bearings now and blades before using it again?

Appreciate your assistance.
Brian

43408_7c9029e31de0b54fa0ee1dce6d16da26.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back