320 voltage regulator

First question is which 320? The 1956-1958 ag tractor or the 1991-1994 lawn tractor? 320 is one of the model numbers JD reused to add confusion.

It installs like others, bolts or capscrews for the mount and screws in the terminal blades.

Or are you having trouble finding it? I am not sure on a 320 but I think a few might have mounted on the generator, but I expect it is on the back side of the dash cowl, over the battery, like the 420/430s were.

Came off the back of front cowling. I forgot where and
how it was attached. Should have written it down. None
of holes match.

(quoted from post at 10:53:14 07/17/23) Came off the back of front cowling. I forgot where and
how it was attached. Should have written it down. None
of holes match.

Parts shows a screw in a tab on each side of the regulator that screw into the cowl. The tabs are connected to the regulator base by rubber strap isolation mounts. You should be able to make up the two holes unless you have a replacement regulator that doesn't match the mounting.

mvphoto107614.jpg

I found the holes. one was rusted shut, the other had a bolt sheared off even with surface. idrilled them out and worked fine thanks for the help

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back