335 Case IH Steiger question

Brokengun

Neighbor has a 335 Case IH steiger that has a cooling issue. When the tractor is in the field working it runs cool NO issues. But when you slow the tractor to an idle
it shuts off due to over-heating.

The tractor was purchased new and is in excellent shape. Belts are tight and NEW good, fluid levels are good. Screens and radiator are not plugged. There are NO
visual reason for this problem.

The 335 CIH steiger does use a clutch fan. The fan turns at idle.

I was looking in the messick parts books for a part number thinking the clutch fan may be the problem since the tractor only gets hot idling; but I can not find a
listing for the clutch fan for the 335 Case IH Steiger.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be. This is a well cared for Low Hour tractor

Does the fan have any resistance when you turn it by hand? I've had a few fan cluthes that would turnby hand fairly easy that were the culprit.

https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...56875BD6/9CE16496-EFBE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

Key #16, $742.00!

For some machines, a kit is available consisting of two offset straps that get installed opposite each other (for balance) and connect two drive hub bolts to two fan mounting bolts.

If something like that could be found or fabricated a test could be run with the thermal clutch locked out, or left that way if it proves the clutch is not doing it's job.

0yoj2nl.jpg

This kit (sold for a competitive make of tractor) shows an example of what I was describing to possibly lock out the clutch as a test.

This post was edited by wore out on 05/07/2022 at 06:56 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back