Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Yanmar 336 D that the previous owner has changed the entire seat ,frame and all) .... This seat is literally only 1 1/2 inches from the steering wheel and the seat bottom is level with the steering wheel...It is a very nice seat though with shock absorber and springs and arms ......there is no way easy way to move this seat back and down though since the mount sits flush to the transmission and the hump is directly behind it. It would require extensive fabrication ... This is very uncomfortable, and darn near impossible to drive this way, not to mention unsafe........ Can any one send me or post detailed pictures of the original seat from all angles including measurements, please, so that I can find a suitable replacement.......Hoye only sells the seat itself. I need all the original mounting hardware.. I actually have the original seat but none of the hardware.
 
I think you are looking for what the hardware is that connects the seat to the tractor. Is that correct? Here is a picture of the under side of mine. I can take measurements of whats there if you like, although, I would assume that you can purchase that stuff from Hoye.

36981_70ad1d2602360d9950ab47d37bc30612.jpg
 
Your model is quite desirable, so it's worth investing in a fix. The factory mount is peculiar to Yanmar, so you'd have to get it from a Yanny dealer (probably from a parts unit) and thereafter you'd be stuck with a Yanmar seat -- all of which are pretty rudimentary, including the spring action. (On the other hand, the Yanny design makes for easy tilting forward, so if you park it in the rain a lot you may want that.)

I find I don't need any suspension but a high back and swing-up arm rests are sometimes worthwhile. I'd shop around for a low-mount (shallow seat) design, and bring it and the tractor to a metal or tractor shop to fabricate a mount for it. Shouldn't be a big deal.
 
OK...... Thanks to everyone for the info and pictures...... I believe I will try to fabricate a seat mount since parts for this are darn near extinct
 
In bossdog's photo, there should be a red rubber cup or insert that goes in the top of each of the two big springs, so there's no metal rubbing on metal. They fall out or disintegrate in time, but some dealers stock replacements. Another problem with the Yanmar seat-mount.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top