Many OEM rims were/are made by Titan for one source. I have purchased rims from JD and the Titan part number are stamped right into them and the JD number is on a paper tag stuck to the rim. Can they tell you the brand of the aftermarket rim? If a used rim doesn't have an OEM part number stamped into it, it may be aftermarket, just saying. Weight of the rims will tell which has more metal in it.Any difference in terms of quality on the aftermarket rims versus OEM? Parts yard wants 400 dollars before shipping on what they say is OEM used and locally I can get one for 475 dollars new picked up at their shop.
No chance the parts yard rim gets weighed until it gets sold so no help there. That aside it is still on whatever tractor it is mounted. As to new most retailers will rely on whatever the catalog says for weight not allowing for a change in vendor or inaccurate weight altogether. The tire dealer sells Unverferth rims which generally has had good products. I'll give it a couple weeks to see if the local JD parts yard takes in a tractor with a good 34 inch rim (they don't at the moment). 18.4 X 34 tires by the way.Many OEM rims were/are made by Titan for one source. I have purchased rims from JD and the Titan part number are stamped right into them and the JD number is on a paper tag stuck to the rim. Can they tell you the brand of the aftermarket rim? If a used rim doesn't have an OEM part number stamped into it, it may be aftermarket, just saying. Weight of the rims will tell which has more metal in it.
Bottom line I would not be afraid of an aftermarket rim. Be sure to get the right width in any case.
Yep, and they tell me those do not come in very often. For the moment I will play the waiting game with Greenlight Products.Have you check with A&L?
My guess is shipping will cost more then 75 bucks.Any difference in terms of quality on the aftermarket rims versus OEM? Parts yard wants 400 dollars before shipping on what they say is OEM used and locally I can get one for 475 dollars new picked up at their shop.
If Greenlight had a used rim it would be 237.50 and would be close enough to home that the cost to transport it would be very small and I would have the benefit of looking it over before I bought it. Even though the calcium has been out of that tire for quite a long time extensive rusting happened around the valve stem hole. Not sure why Greenlight's price on used is substantially different than the other yard but it is what it is.Unless Greenlight has quote a great deal different price than the one you posted for a used rim (if and when they get one), I would just get the new aftermarket rim for the price difference you have posted here. A used rim isn't likely to be prefect as it was new.
Do you have a rim that can be repaired or are you changing sizes?
Great if they get one for that price and you can wait until they do.If Greenlight had a used rim it would be 237.50 and would be close enough to home that the cost to transport it would be very small and I would have the benefit of looking it over before I bought it. Even though the calcium has been out of that tire for quite a long time extensive rusting happened around the valve stem hole. Not sure why Greenlight's price on used is substantially different than the other yard but it is what it is.
Yeah, do this. I have done dozens of them.Great if they get one for that price and you can wait until they do.
I have repaired rims like you describe. Sometimes just bring the area around the stem hole back into shape sometimes move the stem hole to a different place around the rim and patch the bad area in without the hole.
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy