3400 clutch throwout bearing grease hose

gears

So the little braided hose that goes from the grease cup outside the bellhousing to the throwout bearing allowing you to twist some grease into the bearing and slide assembly is NLA and mine crumbled.

An hour at NAPA and I couldn't find anything, the bearing is a 5/16" - 27 tapered thread (they were thinking 1/16" NPT) and the other end is a 3/8"-NF bolt that the grease cup attaches to.

Solution? I cut the crimps, and replaced the broken hose with a section of Air Brake line. Heated it in a cup of boiling water and forced it onto the nipples. A wrap of safety wire should keep it secure.

It held pressure when I greased everything so I think I'm good.
mvphoto107118.jpg

mvphoto107119.jpg

a hydraulic shop might could rebuild it with 3000 lb braided hose, exactly like the original.. any shop that rebuilds hydraulic cylinders.

If your hose ends are crimped on to the hose with ferrules, save the old hose, cut the ferrules and as previously suggested, take it to a hydraulic shop and have them replace the hose and ferrules. There is a source online that says 5/16x27 tapered thread is the same as 1/16 NPT. Barb x 1/16 NPT fittings are available to make a new hose if you don't want to reuse the old fittings.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back