3400 with 730 loader ....the FLOAT position quit working

encrowe

My Float position on 730 loader quit working. The arms Up/Down lever wont stay in Float position anymore. You can feel it trying to catch but pops out. Any ideas?

My Float position on 730 loader quit working. The arms Up/Down lever wont stay in Float position anymore. You can feel it trying to catch but pops out. Any ideas?
Take the cap on the end of the spool opposite the handle end. The float detent may be dirty, out of adjustment, worn out, or broken.

Could you provide some clarification?
1711627924634.png

This photo is similar to mine, but the assembly pointed to by red arrow is taller and has an acorn-nut on top. Are you referring to removing assembly pointed to by blue arrow? Beneath? From what I remember, there is a 1.5" (approx) diam cap underneath that is in line (co-axial) with the Up/Down (Arms) lever valve shuttle.

Thanks for the help... if any.

Could you provide some clarification? View attachment 64561

This photo is similar to mine, but the assembly pointed to by red arrow is taller and has an acorn-nut on top. Are you referring to removing assembly pointed to by blue arrow? Beneath? From what I remember, there is a 1.5" (approx) diam cap underneath that is in line (co-axial) with the Up/Down (Arms) lever valve shuttle.

Could you provide some clarification? View attachment 64561

Your arrow is pointing at the relief valve. The float detent assembly is attached to the opposite end (bottom) of the spool from the Handle (top). It is inside the cap (you mentioned), underneath the valve, which is not visible in this picture.

Here is a link to a page from the online 730 parts book page for a valve with float detent. Look at item key numbers 15 through 20, those are float detent parts.

Valve with float detent

Your arrow is pointing at the relief valve. The float detent assembly is attached to the opposite end (bottom) of the spool from the Handle (top). It is inside the cap (you mentioned), underneath the valve, which is not visible in this picture.

Here is a link to a page from the online 730 parts book page for a valve with float detent. Look at item key numbers 15 through 20, those are float detent parts.

Valve with float detent
Thank you very much!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back