39 B valve assembly

BMud

New User
Hey guys. Figured I would remove my valve cover for the first time to see what Ive got going on in there. To my suprise, I have a broken part. One adjusting screw (B208R, page 18 in PC-330) is broken in half laterally, essentially in the same direction as the threads. I another adjusting screw has a chip taken out of the special concave head but it isnt something to worry about i think. I looked up the part on jdparts, and it says that they are available...for 78 bucks a piece!!!! Something must be wrong. Is this correct? Also, the tappet rods have some play in them, is this ok or are they supposed to be snug? Thanks guys.
 
There must be a million + 1 of those in salvage yards across the country. You need to call around. This is where Green Magazine comes in handy -- lists many suppliers of goods and services needed to keep these old gems running.

Now if you haven't a clue of who to call, begin with some of these folks:

Heartland Tractor (816) 587-4747
Detwiler (715) 659-4252
Shephard (715) 265-4988
Marlin Smith (712) 489-2570

This should be easy to find -- and it is refreshing to see you are shopping by part number -- the only way to go. (PatB)
Restoration Site, JD H
 
I may have a few B208R adjusting screws. I have a 1939 B that I am parting out. Please send me an email if you are interested and I will be glad to go out and look through my parts to see if I have a few you could use.
Email: [email protected]
Thanks,
Andy
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top