40 Bale Ejector Mystery

4020_guy

High pressure hose from pump started to leak as in drip. Finished the load with bales being thrown normally to the back of the wagon. Drained tank with two gallons of oil removed and took off the pressure hose at the pump with about one quart of oil draining out there. Changed the high pressure hose from the pump, the hose from the valve body to the throwing cylinder and the small hose to the pan latch. Cleaned the tank and installed a new filter. The screen in the tank was clean. Filled the tank with new #46 hydraulic oil. Started the baler and nothing. When the thrower is tripped, the latch won't lift. I thought maybe air in cylinders so cracked small latch hose and let some oil out. No bubbles. Same problem. Removed larger hose to the thrower cylinder. Tripped valve and shot oil about 30 feet. Put hose back on, same problem. Oil is circulating as filter is warming up slightly. Everything sounds fine and the oil looks normal after running. Changing the distance valve makes no difference. Also took the cap off the end of the valve spool and it was clean and greased. I have the tech manual and I'm thinking maybe the pressure relief valve, but how can changing some hoses affect that? Any ideas. Thanks.......Ron

Thank-you Roger. Could well be. Tech manual mentions something about an orfice being compromised and preventing operation. {as described} Aw, where may this be located? In the distance control valve? Looked in the parts book, lots of stuff going on in that control valve........Ron

It has been nearly 20 years, but seems like there was an orifice in the latch cylinder circuit. It was to make sure pressure was to the throwing cylinder before the latch cylinder released the mechanism. Don;t know if it was in the control valve or circuit to the latch cylinder.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back