I'm new to the Red. I picked up a 400 Diesel for my dad to restore this summer and since the cold has set in here in MN i have a prob. The rear diff has water in it and it was locked up. I heated up the rear end and got the water out. My qestion is where do i add oil for the rear diff. I found a plug on the side of the diff under the cluth that i am thinking is the "full" plug but i dont know where to add the oil. any help would be great! Thanks! Brennon in MN
 
Plug you found is the "full" plug. To fill there is a triangular shaped plate right across from the gear shifter on the top of the deck. Be sure you are using Hy-Tran as the TA requires it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top