4000 Wiring

BobC06

New User
I have a 63 4000 gas 4cyl. with a select o speed. A good bit of the wiring has been removed. There are two wires on the transmission, one on the top cover which I assume is the neutral safety switch and one on the side cover on the left side. My problem is I dont know where either one of these wires connect to. Also, there are three push type connection studs on the starter solenoid. I have two uses for t he wiring harness but there is one still open, any idea what goes there. Thanks for your help.
 
The wire on the top cover should be to the starter safety switch, but it is actually only allows the starter to engage when the transmission is in Park, not Neutral. I believe it should be connected to the starter push button under the dash.

The wire on the side is for the oil pressure warning light. The warning light should get power when the key is on and the pressure switch inside the trans provided the path to ground when the pressure isn't high enough to open the switch.
 
How about posting a couple pictures of your starter solenoid? Any numbers or a name on it? One push on terminal might be a ground. Any letters near each push on terminal?
 
(quoted from post at 19:16:57 05/27/21) Thanks for the reply. Would the wire go to the hot or ground
side of the neutral safety switch?
Ic4jgKE.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top