401 Valve Adjustment

Welding man

Well-known Member
Location
West Virginia
Does anyone have a diagram that they would share of the 2 step procedure for adjusting valve lash on a 401. I have it for a 3 and 4 cyl but not a 6. Thanks in advance.
 
Thanks Bern, I was just looking for a faster, simpler way, with a lot less turning HA ! I have a chart for the 6 cyl internationals, valve arraignment is different.
 
My method is every bit as fast, and requires no more turning. Once you've tried it, you'll agree.

Valve arrangement in that 401 (starting from the front) is I-E, I-E, I-E, etc. Valve adjustment sequence should be no different than any other inline 6-cylinder engine having the 1-5-3-6-2-4- firing order, meaning you should be able to use you IH chart as far as the numbering sequence goes.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top