4020 front drawbar support

dmk1957

Hello all. I'm in the process of repairing my load control shaft, etc., and am trying to refresh the parts in the front drawbar support while I'm working down there. I drilled out the 5/8 x 1/4 roll pin, then tried to drive out the big dowel pin. It doesn't budge. Is there something else I need remove first, or do I just need to apply a whole bunch of heat and beat on it some more. Thanks.

Well you didn't need to drill the roll pin out. Get a air hammer with a long bit and the pin should come out. The roll pin gets drove into the bushing when the big pin is out. A little heat will loosen the pin, and try going out both ways, shaft could be mushroomed a little on one end.

check out the pictures I posted in your other thread. There is one where I show the pin driven out of bushing and front drawbar support and mount on tractor. I used a large hammer and a cat 3 (?) pin as a punch. Mine wouldnt budge until that roll pin was gone ... you can see where the roll pin wore against the shaft in my pics ... also ... if you try to drive roll pin into bushing and it is too long it is gonna be stuck ... try hammering it both directions ... no heat necessary for me

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back