4020 front end alignment procedure?

Nefarmranch

New User
I'm getting ready to fix up the new axle for my 4020. I bought it off bigiron to replace the broken front tube. I'm going to take the shafts out of the knees and replace all the bushings. My question is, how do I get it all aligned and toed properly after complete disassembly. I could mark the steering arms, but then I'm assuming the last guy had it right. I'm also putting new tie rods on. It looks like they can be adjusted by sliding in tubes and screwing the ends in or out. If someone could walk me through the entire process from steering arm pitch to tie rod adjustment to get the correct toe I would be very grateful. Thanks
cvphoto160657.jpg

The steering arms are splined to the knee. Only 4 splines. It takes a strong will to get it wrong.

As said, the steering arms are a coarse spline that if it is off, it is way off. Look at the old ones before taking apart. The arms are left and right so watch that. Toe-in is adjusted on the tractor as the center arm has to be mounted up to get the geometry right. 1/8 to 1/4 inch narrower at front of tire measured at hub height front and rear.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back