4020 Shifting Issue

4020 diesel side console, have grinding between ranges and difficulty getting into or out of gear...sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all and shifts just fine. Any thoughts? It's my girlfriends dad's tractor and he had some trans work done on it a couple years ago and the Deere mechanic didn't know what was wrong. I'm thinking shifter linkage needs work/adjustment, however the clutch is at the end of it's adjustment as well.

Could be a warped clutch plate. I had that on a 4320d once. It worked fine for a little bit cold until it got warmed up, then got worse and worse.

You need a clutch. Whan a clutch disc gets worn down and the grooves are worn away the disc itself will start vacuuming to the flywheel. Most likely it is fine when cold but after running awhile it starts having problems. My 4010 did that many years ago. Tom

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back