4020 Throttle Control Linkage adjustments

sven556

New User
So I have a 4020 diesel that does not seem to rev up to rated rpms. I think the issue is the throttle linkage. The service manual describes how to adjust things but how can I double check the rpms on the engine (I don't 100% trust the aftermarket tach)? The manual mentions a specific tool; but for only doing it once, is there a cheaper/makeshift option?
 
you can get a hand-held tach for less that $20 on the internet. Some come with some reflective tape to put on the rotating object so you get a good reading. I don't know if you could get a reading off the crankshaft pulley, but you might try the pto shaft.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top