4020 versus 4000

Which would command more value a 1972 4020 powershift with factory front wheel assist or a 1972 4000 with powershift and 3 scv's.
Each has just under 5000 actual hrs.

The 4000 power shift with 403 made and the FWA 4020 wouldn't be much different.The HFWA has basically collector value of around $4000 more and the 3 scvs add about $1000 but the 4000 seem to sell well due to the low number.I have had several 4020P.S. HFWA and 0 4000D P.S.

After attending my first Mecum Gone Farmin auction I came away with some insight I will share.With a unrestored low houred H Farmall topping the sale at $40K and 2 of the nicest NewGen tractors both around $20K and an original 72 4000 gas unrestored syngro at $18K.A restoration not done right is a waste of time and money and a perfect outside restoration with internal problems is a waste of time also .Price is determined by two individuals that are interested in same item even if you wouldn't look at it twice.I still believe the low houred originals are the easiest thing to sell as they are not perfect.So in answer to question it depends who wants it.

(quoted from post at 14:00:23 11/17/15) After attending my first Mecum Gone Farmin auction I came away with some insight I will share.With a unrestored low houred H Farmall topping the sale at $40K and 2 of the nicest NewGen tractors both around $20K and an original 72 4000 gas unrestored syngro at $18K.A restoration not done right is a waste of time and money and a perfect outside restoration with internal problems is a waste of time also .Price is determined by two individuals that are interested in same item even if you wouldn't look at it twice.I still believe the low houred originals are the easiest thing to sell as they are not perfect.So in answer to question it depends who wants it.

They are only original once!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back