4030 transmissions

Synchro Range or Quad Range Only. I have owned both. They are / had a warmed over 2510 / 2520 / 3020 transmission with same Perma clutch as used on 4230/ 4430 4240 / 4440. Only difference in clutch was the flywheel to make clutch adapt to Dubuque engine / crankshaft. They are a very nice light tractor for choring / haying and very fuel efficient. DW
 
I like the looks of em but really want a powershift and more horsepower like a 4430 . I was just wondering because I was looking around and never seen a powershift 4030
 
If you want 4430 power then you might as well buy a 4430. I've heard of a home built 4030 power shift. Somebody most likely used a 4230 that had a bad engine and went from there.
 
(quoted from post at 13:12:25 08/18/21) If you want 4430 power then you might as well buy a 4430. I've heard of a home built 4030 power shift. Somebody most likely used a 4230 that had a bad engine and went from there.

Must of been a rare one of a kind Willow Run Special....
 
4030 was more of a 3020 replacement with a SGB. Weak sister in my view. 80 horsepower, if I recall. Not close to a 4020.
Wonder if a 359 turbo would fit?
 
If I am not mistaken, the JD 540A log skidder utilized a Dubuque 329ci engine with a Turbo for about 100 hp (which oddly enough could be had with the powershift, we had one) So I suspect all the part exist to make the franken 4030. Tim S needs a new project, but this one probably isn't nearly challenging enough for him.
 
I think its going to be a long long time before I upgrade
tractors really dont need another one . I was just talking to a
friend and then I got looking at 4030s for sale and didnt see
any powershift so that made me wonder if they were made
and why on earth didnt they put a powershift in ? I guess by
that time a 3020 wasnt a big tractor anymore like a 3020
once was
cvphoto98292.png
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top