4040 PTO lever

Treadnmud

Member
Previous owner had a tarp strap keeping the lever for PTO pulled down. I found one spring disconnected. I connected it but it still doesn’t seem right. The other spring seemed to be in the wrong place. It definitely doesn’t feel like it should. Does anyone have a diagram or a picture of where the springs should attach?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2981.jpeg
    IMG_2981.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2984.jpeg
    IMG_2984.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2983.jpeg
    IMG_2983.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 89
It sort hangs out around the middle but it had a spring pulling it forward also. I looked at the pics and it indicates only one spring. That spring is on the disengaged side. Do you happen to have the standby and PTO clutch pressure specs for this 4040? I also heard there is a pot metal link in the valve body there that can break.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top