4040H wiring diagram needed

Treadnmud

Member
I am looking for a complete wiring diagram. Tractor is an open station model. Having starting issues and need to get alternator wiring cleaned up so it works properly and does not drain battery.
 
On subject of starting problems have you checked to be sure starter relay mounted in front of firewall above starter is receiving a good ground connection? I'll also advise for you to clean tighten all battery cable connections paying special attention to where ground connections to frame are located.
 
On subject of starting problems have you checked to be sure starter relay mounted in front of firewall above starter is receiving a good ground connection? I'll also advise for you to clean tighten all battery cable connections paying special attention to where ground connections to frame are located.
I cleaned up all the battery cable connections, both ends, and used a blade type terminal cleaner to get clean, smooth insides for the round post terminals. Load tested battery, ok. Installed a new solenoid on the starter because the contacts had high resistance. Cranked perfectly after so that solved that problem but now I am not getting a signal to that solenoid anymore. Trying to get a diagram so I can troubleshoot. So, no, I have not checked the solenoid on the firewall.
 
I cleaned up all the battery cable connections, both ends, and used a blade type terminal cleaner to get clean, smooth insides for the round post terminals. Load tested battery, ok. Installed a new solenoid on the starter because the contacts had high resistance. Cranked perfectly after so that solved that problem but now I am not getting a signal to that solenoid anymore. Trying to get a diagram so I can troubleshoot. So, no, I have not checked the solenoid on the firewall.
Also non operating neutral start switch located on RH side of trans case can cause a non start condition.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top