While not as old as most tractors on this site. I have
found the advice and help over the years to be awesome.
I have a JD4100 compact diesel.
I'm having issues with the charging system, I think.....
I'm not sure where to start as far as diagnosing my
problem.
Some days the tractor will start right up perfectly, I
can run it for an hour or more. Shut it off, come back
several hours later and it will barely turn over.
Now,
If I come back later, maybe a day or so, the danged
thing will spin right over and start.
It might work fine for several weeks and then the next
time barely turn over.
So,
Where and the heck to I begin to checkout see what's not
working correctly??
Also, please understand, I'm not very electrical.
I do have some meters and hopefully will be able to
check things.
Thanks,
Jeff in Hagerstown
found the advice and help over the years to be awesome.
I have a JD4100 compact diesel.
I'm having issues with the charging system, I think.....
I'm not sure where to start as far as diagnosing my
problem.
Some days the tractor will start right up perfectly, I
can run it for an hour or more. Shut it off, come back
several hours later and it will barely turn over.
Now,
If I come back later, maybe a day or so, the danged
thing will spin right over and start.
It might work fine for several weeks and then the next
time barely turn over.
So,
Where and the heck to I begin to checkout see what's not
working correctly??
Also, please understand, I'm not very electrical.
I do have some meters and hopefully will be able to
check things.
Thanks,
Jeff in Hagerstown