4230 injection pump

I have a 77 4230 with a 4 roller injection pump. It has what I would call a lazy governor. You can be going along in 6th gear at 1500 rpm an go down a slight hill and rpm will increase to 2100 rpm. I have taken the top off and the metering valve does not seem sticky, and have added a washer to the governor spring with no success. It has a new fuel filter and lift pump. I also took the back off of it to make sure the filter in the back wasn't clogged. It was fine. Has anyone ever been down this road?
 
Stanadyne/Roosa pumps have several main governor springs available to change governor regulation. Tractors usually have 8-10 % regulation, combines 5-7 %, and generators at 3 % regulation. The governor sleeve arm and pivot shaft and/or governor weights MIGHT be causing the trouble too do to wear. The actual regulation is best checked/adjusted on the test stand.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top