43 H nut on countershaft removal

I'm trying to get of the nut that drives the belly pump to replace the seal behind it. I tried a pipe wrench with cheater, a 1 1/8 nut welded to 1/2 bar stock and a 3/4 breaker bar with cheater, I dropped the belly pump and got on the nut/bar stock with a 1/2 impact wrench. No luck on any of this. Am I correct that it turns counter-clockwise to remove? What have I missed in getting this. . .ah. . .thing off? What do you all recommend next?
If anyone's short of frustration, I can send you a bushel. Thanks for any and all advice!

Pull shift lever, move shift rails to lock in two. gears. Put a long pipe on to anything that will fit into slot on nut like a good punch or chisel (whatever). Stamd on bar and hang on.

cvphoto87681.jpg

Heres a pic

They can be tight, real tight especially if there was a failure in the pump. There is a spring in there that can break and jam in the gears. Here is a video by Ken Christopherson a poster on here that has a YouTube channel, it shows the difficulty he encountered. Sorry to doom and gloom, but it could be the harsh reality.
Poke here

yep, i like that. impacts work good for these sort of things. that video was a hack job.

Earlier videos showed what he tried to get it loose. I thought he had made a pretty valiant effort to get it loose. He had a nut with square stock welded to it and he had a pretty good cheater on it. I just think it was darn tight.

well he says the end of the shaft did not end up to banged up much , no he totally destroyed it now it junk. even the vibration of an air chizel works good on seized stuff. plus any one good with a cutting torch would have that off. plus this same tractor he left the diff set up with side play in the diff instead of preloading the brgs. no wonder it was howling like crazy , and wont last under load.
and that is waht i mean by u tube video's, its beginners posting stuff for the other beginners and no one has it right. seen lots already. thats why i take these with a grain of salt.

I will skip the sledge hammer but have taken many off with my method. We didn't have air wrenches in the shop when I started there. Locking the gears is the easiest way to hold the shaft from turning.

Some years ago, after I retired from shop, I ran into one that would not come off because it had stripped the threads so ended up cutting the nut off with my cut off tool.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back