430 and 530 diesels

Tom in Mo.

I notice the two models used the same engine with different HP output. Was this accomplished with different fuel pumps or did they just crank up the same pump for more power?

I notice the two models used the same engine with different HP output. Was this accomplished with different fuel pumps or did they just crank up the same pump for more power?
Our local dealer used to turn up the pump and sell a 430 as the same as a 530. This would only work on diesels, of course. And, 430's came with 24 inch rear tires, while 530's came with 28 inch tires and a bigger fuel tank. That's why the battery is located in front of the operator, rather than under the hood.

Our local dealer used to turn up the pump and sell a 430 as the same as a 530. This would only work on diesels, of course. And, 430's came with 24 inch rear tires, while 530's came with 28 inch tires and a bigger fuel tank. That's why the battery is located in front of the operator, rather than under the hood.
I have 2 430 diesels, Don,and both have 28" rubber. Looking at the parts book, either size tire was available on both the 430 and 530. Perhaps different areas and dealers had different preferences. Also, in response to the original post, the 630 used the same engine with the pump turned higher yet.

I have 2 430 diesels, Don,and both have 28" rubber. Looking at the parts book, either size tire was available on both the 430 and 530. Perhaps different areas and dealers had different preferences. Also, in response to the original post, the 630 used the same engine with the pump turned higher yet.
You are 100% correct. I should have added the word, typically. We turned our 430 to between 530 and 630 specs.

You are 100% correct. I should have added the word, typically. We turned our 430 to between 530 and 630 specs.

Were the transmissions and rear ends the same in both tractors?

Were the transmissions and rear ends the same in both trac
Sheet metal, radiators and fuel tanks were essentially the only differences between 430 and 530. Case-O-Matic transmission was available option on 530 but not 430 according to sales literature. Parts book combines both models in mid and late production years.

Sheet metal, radiators and fuel tanks were essentially the only differences between 430 and 530. Case-O-Matic transmission was available option on 530 but not 430 according to sales literature. Parts book combines both models in mid and late production years.

I thought for the 300, 310B, and 430 the row crop version with the adjustable front axil had the 28" rear tires, the industrial and the utility version with the solid front axil had the 24" rear tires.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back