435 JD round baler questions

2underage

Well-known Member
I still have not made a bale [I do have one bale in the bale chamber] but I can not make the net wrap work. The twin arms work when I try to wrap the bale so I know the system is working but the hydraulic cylinders on the wrapping mechanism only move slightly when the wrapping cycle begins.
Could I have air in the hydraulic lines that cause the net wrap to engage? If so, how do I bleed the lines?
 

Do you have an operators manual? If so have you read troubleshooting section?

You can bleed hyd system by repeated cycling of netwrap attachment with wrap not in between netwrrap rollers. I'd suggest to open control valves fully while dry run cycling netwrap to allow air to go back to reservoir. Lock gate then raise tension rollers to where one can see 3+ in bale size window on RH frt of baler. Engage pto & pull rope repeatedly to cycle wrapping cycle.
 
Does that use a power steering pump for the wrap like my twine 435 does (I think that's the number on it)? I'd wonder if there isn't a filter issue causing it not to get the juice it needs.

Also, every time I have had a tying problem it was one of the 96 different springs that make it work. I'd assume wrap is the same way. Look for a broken spring. Last year mine would start tying and get all of the way across but never return - it would just put 14 miles of twine on the left side. It was a broken spring I didn't see until I stared at it for 30 minutes.
 
(quoted from post at 22:03:42 07/07/15) Does that use a power steering pump for the wrap like my twine 435 does (I think that's the number on it)? I'd wonder if there isn't a filter issue causing it not to get the juice it needs.

Also, every time I have had a tying problem it was one of the 96 different springs that make it work. s.

notjustair
Ease up on the spring count as there's just 5(five) springs associated with twine/net pump operation. I think if twine arms move from one side to other & back to home position then filter should not be the problem. I'd suggest to check condition of v-belt that powers netwrap rubber feed roll.
 
Thanks to all who offered help. TX Jim I believe you are the one who helped me find a monitor for the baler. The monitor worked OK and when I made a bale it seemed to do it's thing except for wrapping the bale. I have left the baler in the bale chamber because I want to get the net wrap working before I try another bale. I have another round baler that works good but only twine wrap. I have my hay over half done and I hope I can figure out how to get the JD to net wrap the bales.

I did crack the hydraulic line that goes to the cylinder for the net wrap and some air came and on the next try it moved more but by then I was running low on fluid in the pump and I have not tried since.
Thanks again for all help.
 

Monitor has no bearing on operation of twine or net application. I'd suggest to check oil level in pump then activate net as I outlined with control valves wide open to help purge air from system. Since you have hay in baler all you need to do is engage pto & pull rope to cycle net then etc.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top