44 A oil pressure

Tstoner

I just finished my restoration on my 44 A and after running it I would like to raise the oil pressure a little bit. I know how to do it but the service Manual doesn't specify how much to turn that bolt in. Does anyone have a general idea of how much to turn the bolt in for a specific amount of psi? I know it would probably depend on a few different factors. Just looking for a general guideline

(quoted from post at 11:55:35 08/02/23) What does the gauge read ?
I got the reading from an actual gauge that reads psi.. then I put the original gauge on and it's reading just below the M mark

adjust it to read close to the high end , but use your psi guage and try 10 lbs and go from there.

Running pressure should be between 10 - 15 psi per JD service bulletin 203 May 1953. It does not mention how much to turn the bolt to get a certain increase. If I remember correctly when I adjusted mine I did a half turn and then checked it going a half turn each time until I got the correct pressure. This was over 5 years ago so I may have miss remembered but I know it was no more than a full turn at a time.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back