4440 3 point

isuvinny

I am borrowing a tool from a neighbor that fills in gullies. It mounts on the 3 point. I don't have the quick hitch, just the arms. When I lift this all the way, the from disk blades get in the rear tires. I tightened the top link all the way, and that helped but its still too close for comfort. Can I extend the lift arm ends and run it that way? or is that only for hooking up? Any suggestions? Thank you.

You may risk bending the lift arms if extended. Beg borrow or steal a quik hitch, that will move it back a bit. Most should fit.

Ben

The draft link extensions that slide out for easier attaching implements to 3 pt will more than likely slide back in & latch when raising attached implement. I agree with centash acquire a quick-hitch * install it to get more distance between disk & rear tires

I hace a spare quick hitch. By Owatonna. Five oh seven to five zero fore fore to ate if interested. Not deere aftermarket.

I don?t know about a 4440, but on my 4020 there?s an adjustable stop on the three point lever for height (pen is pointing to it in photo). If you can use the machine without having to raise it all the way up until it hits the tires perhaps you could set the upper limit so you don?t accidentally forget and use it just the way it is?

cvphoto39156.jpg

IMHO the stop encircled in red is more of a depth stop than height stop. I think when moving 3 pt control lever rearwards it would be very easy to go rearward past the angled stop.

mvphoto44138.png

The angled stop is circuled in your response, but the ballpoint pen is pointed at the adjustable stop that pervents the lever from going further back - it's
not angled. Look to the right of the point of the pen and you'll see a short lever that when lifted to vertical allows the stop to slide forward and when
pushed down as shown locks the stop in place. The three point liver cannot go past it.

(quoted from post at 15:26:19 10/17/19) Here?s a better picture.

Thanks for correcting my mistake. iA lot of water has run under the bridge since I demonstrated/sold new '69-'72 4020's. I remember NOW the depth stop I encircled in red is adjusted by the round knob on back side of console.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back