WP77

Looking at a 4440 powershift with a 720 loader with joystick. I'm not sure of the year, but it's not an 82. Tractor shows 3000 hours, likely 13,000 my guess. The loader is in good shape. The tractor seems in good mechanical shape. Has been kept up. It has spread axle JD hub duals, Extra wide axles, JD quik hitch, Heavy cast centers. Negatives are no front or wheel weights, and of course the hours. Owner is unaware of any engine or transmission overhauls. How worried should I be about the hours even though the motor and powershift seem good? And what kind of value would you put on this tractor and loader?

A lot of what if's in your question. Pictures would help in appraising. What size rear tires, condition of those tires, and brand plus tread style? SGB and if so working features for cab? The over-riding factor right now is if such a tractor is close to being in good shape it commands a hefty price. If that 4440 checks out in terms of condition along with the loader it would not surprise me to see it in the range of 22-25 thousand dollars given today's market.

Sorry I left out some details. 18.4x38 duals. Inside maybe 50%, Outside wore out. Not sure brand. Soundgard cab with newer cab kit. Functioning AC. Everything on tractor mechanically functions. Body in nice shape, paint worn, looks original.

Some other things that personally I don't care for, but likely add value to others. It has the easy access steps with hand rail. Also has all LED lights in the factory housings, plus extra LED lights in the front and rear.

Location of tractor has a large bearing on selling price. Recently a similar type 4440 sold locally at at online auction with "no loader" for over 22,000. I think a JD 720 in good condition will bring in the $3000-$3500 range maybe more

If well above 20k, I think a Deere 7700 or 7710 with powerquad and reverser is a much better deal, and probably not far on price.

The loader with joystick if nICE is easily worth +3500 The tractor no more than $16K with 13K hours and no history.Be sure and check PTO to make sure it stops correctly as that is a double split.Interior kit step and A/C working are all pluses 50% tires not.I have bought them from $12K to $20K and there is a big difference and in my opinion the higher priced lowered houred ones were actually cheaper

Well I passed on it. I offered $27,000(Which was too much) and he wouldnt go below $28,000. The hours and lack of weights were the biggest issues.

With your numbers, I should be able to find a nice 4440 loader combo for $25,000. Can you direct me to one? 4640 or even 4840 would also work.

In today's market I don't know that you can find nice for 25,000 dollars in a 4440. I'd expect an under 5,000 hour 4440 that has been well cared for and has an excellent appearance to price above 30,000 dollars w/o loader.

I would agree. An under 5000 hour 4440 would probably be closer to $40,000. 13,000 hours doesnt scare me, but the price was too high for the hours. Plus I needed to add weights and that adds up in a hurry. Been through this before a time or 2.

Possibly have nice original 4640 but it is a quad and never had a loader. My nephew has a nice high lift loader they took off seems it was a Dual wants $3500. If I get it has 8000 one owner hours all original paint and Firestone 20.8x36 tires are about 60%.It would be around $20K.$27K was a good bid considering the hours.I am trying to buy this fella a nice MFWD 8300 for less than $60K 515-290-4336

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back