45 Loader Bucket Latch spring location

Could anybody share a pic of where the bucket latch spring attaches on the loader, and if mine is even the right spring? My bucket won't latch unless I do it myself, the spring doesn't help the process at all

<a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/user/weirddeere/media/John%20Deere%2060/IMG_9373_zpsnxacwbdf.jpg.html" target="_blank">
IMG_9373_zpsnxacwbdf.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo IMG_9373_zpsnxacwbdf.jpg
</a>

Brandon

I don't have any pictures, I hope someone will guide you here. I'd get into johndeere.com parts catalogue and check there for clues. There were several different buckets/blades and pitch options on the latch levers themselves. I will suggest that you put a latch spring on both sides, improvising if necessary. Don't ask me why I suggest that! And, of course, you have to be backing up straight pretty fast with the lever in fast drop for the latches to snap fully in. If you're using one with its original low pressure cylinders, Deere still has the rebuild kits I think. If they still do and you have a LP system I'd buy two because I don't think they're going to have them forever. Good luck!

Brandon,

The springs fell off mine some time ago, never worked real well. I will try to load some manual pics. Shows two springs.
a166350.jpg

a166351.jpg

Looked at my working loaders and my parts loaders and did not see where that latch spring had been attached to the boom frame. I did have the larger return spring on one of my loaders at one time but the spring and attaching spring bracket are long gone. If I had seen your set up I would have a pic in my "farmer added options" file for sure. LOL

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back