460/560 hydraulic systems

DrAllis

I'm doing a little historical research on farm tractor hydraulic systems. What GPM's and max pressure were the 460/560 model tractors ?? When Deere introduced the 3010/4010 tractors in 1961, they were 2,000 psi max system pressure and I was wondering if that was the "first" to be that high ?? and maybe the 706/806 tractors then were raised up to that 2,000 psi number ?? Thank you.

This post was edited by DrAllis on 10/29/2023 at 04:22 pm.

they had the 12 gpm or the 17 gpm pumps. max pressure was 1500 psi. john deere was known to have the better hyd. system . but the 06 series
was more in line with better hyd's.

The big difference in the hydraulics was the Deere had closed center and the IH was open center. The only time that really mattered was if you had hydraulic motors to run on a continuous basis like for some harvesters. Specialty crops such as pickles or sugar beets are a couple I'm aware of. The open center system produced a lot of heat when plumbed using hydraulic motors for jobs. The closed center can handle that work since it will only pump the demand quantity of oil from what I understand about them. Allis also had some early cutting edge hydraulics about that time Like the closed center system and other developments. or maybe a wee bit earlier. Not sure when Oliver started with better hydraulics on theirs.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back