4600 John Deere

mrfabjr

I am replacing the head gasket on my 4600. the head was rebuilt. I could not get the injectors out of the head so I let the machine shop get them out. After all that I am going to replace the injectors. I order the sealing washer and the seals. I cannot get the new seals to go into the slots of the injectors. Can some one help me to figure out a way to get the seals in the head so I can install the injectors? The head is already bolted on the block. Are these a necessary part or can I just bolt the injector on and run it without the seals?

Thanks
Floyd

I do not know this engine, but for sure seals are necessary. They are radial seals, toblock compression. Without them the injector and head will be damaged due yo the heat leaking, and you will have catbon build up and your injectors will be super stuck.

We also have 4600, a 2001, with 1200 hours on it. I'm curious why you have to change the head gasket and
injectors, how many hours do you have on it? Ours has been absolutely bulletproof.

The head gasket was leaking into the water jacket and was running hot. I changes the injectors because I thought the old ones were not any good. I got this tractor from my dad when he passed away. I dont know the history of this tractor.

How many hours, and is it hydrostatic? Ours is 12-12 power reverser, and I love it. My neighbor has
hydrostatic and his will overheat, and that isn't good!

I am not sure how many hours are on it. It is a hydrostatic. I like the tractor I just need to get it running. LOL

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back