461 haybine bent cutter bar

Jgmontgomery

New User
This message is a reply to an archived post by bison on June 03, 2011 at 06:23:23.
The original subject was "Re: 461 haybine bent cutter bar".

Anyone have a picture of this tool? Will it work on 489,472,or 478, or any of the other new Holland haybine?

cvphoto70512.jpg

Is this the one bison was explaining that he made to straighten with? This looks like it sure would help a lot with bent gaurds.

I have a tool hanging on the wall in the shop that was made specifically for this purpose, can't remember the name of the company off hand.

It is less than 2 feet long so without a decent sized pipe on the end of it I can't see it doing much.

What I use on my haybine is made from a 5 foot long pinch point bar.

Right at the end is a block of steel maybe 1 inch that acts as the fulcrum it also provides the clearance needed when bending a guard upward so you don't squash the guard closed.
About 8 or 10 inches up it has a small u-bolt welded to it that slips over the end of the guard.

Gives you great leverage and makes for quick work when a big rock jumps out in front of you.

It's parked away for the winter at my son's place so I can't get a photo right now.

I had a similar tool. It was about a 3ft piece of heavy round bar with a support block welded on the end, and a short piece of
thick wall pipe welded on about 5 inches up from the end. You would slip the end of the guard into the pipe piece and bend, but
you really needed a cheater pipe on it to get any real force. It was painted blue. I don't know where I got it or where it is now!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back