48 C timing

I put a rebuilt Mag on my C and it seems very retarded. I could not find any timing marks on the flywheel or a pointer although I was very close to TDC as I could see the piston through the spark plug hole. I was looking through the inspection hole in the bottom of the bell housing. Is this correct?
Thanks
 
Haven't done it in years but on my Super C I think I took the cover off the front of bell housing to find the mark on it and I think you have more access to sand/clean the flywheel to find the marks.
cvphoto18030.jpg
 
It was not the tractor which was retarded. It was me. I assujmed that with a CW turning Magneto the rotor would be the same but not so and I had the firing order wrong. Goes fine now.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top